Friday 22 November 2013

Beautiful Mind, BBC documentary of Richard Dowkins

I am interested in Meme as I think Meme is an important key to education and learning process of human.

I am reading Richard Dowkins "The selfish Gene" and I have watched his BBC documentary, Beautiful Mind.

One of the picture, "You scratch my back I ride on your back"  was very interesting as I have researched tit for tat on my previous module.

Also, "Meme Phenomenon" and "Internet meme" were also very much what I needed to look into for my first module!

It is a shame I am not a biologist to fully appreciate his discovery and wisdom. However, his interview and his strong personality was inspiring.
I especially liked how he talked about religion and tradition. As I do not have enough knowledge about religions I can not talk about it as well as he did in his interview, and I still think it is a very difficult subject to discuss, as I believe people do have a right to believe whatever they want to believe. However, these tradition and religion can be used as a way of brain washing young child without them realising as well as people who is telling them!
However, I do totally agree about the tradition. Mr Dowkins explains that we all need to be careful about some traditions, which has no solid evidence or critical results.

His strong attitude was what I wish for all the students to have, which I will continue in my next blog.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2I8f4lpBLU

No comments:

Post a Comment