Monday 21 October 2013

Questions for my inquiry

After I had a long chat with my adviser Ms Nottingham, my thoughts are a bit clearer now.
I started to think what I want to ask, and why.
So, there asre questions I have produced based on my inquiry questions, which I am planning to use them for focused group today as I heard there are lots of waiting around for our rehearsal.

1, How to motivate or stimulate younger learner and practitioners.

The reason why I need to ask question is because this is a part of my findings inn my research. I  have found out that a fact, once teacher successfully inspired or motivate students, they will automatically wish to learn more by themselves. If students have not found true interest in what they do, it is difficult to make them want to learn more, as we can take a horse to river but we can not make them drink if they are not interested in.
Therefore, I believe this is a very important technique as a teacher.

2, How to draw people's attention or how to make people find interest in what we do as a professional.

I believe this is am important technique too, as I found from my research that, no matter what great experience teachers have to share, or valuable information, knowledge teachers have, if teachers have failed to make people listen what teachers are saying, there are no point.

3,How to pass on or share tacit knowledge in dance.

Tacit knowledge is not some thing people can learn by just reading literature or listening a lecture. The, how do we share them? as especially performing arts's technique is based on tacit knowledge?

3 comments:

  1. Daisuke - these questions will fine-tune your inquiry - remember you can use literature to help define concepts like tacit knowledge http://infed.org/mobi/michael-polanyi-and-tacit-knowledge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daisuke, I found I got the same clarity from my chat with Paula as well..I was able to set my questions out clearly as you have here and it was so useful when I had to compose my interview questions..I knew exactly what I needed to get from my participants. I hope it will be as useful for you as well and look forward to hearing more about your inquiry. Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare.
      It actually takes while to get to understand what I really want to know. I hope I will get there soon.

      Delete