Thursday 10 October 2013

Life and Performance

The fate has been decided and same time has not been decided.

Mr Y Kouno explains that, life and fate is like the role we have been given in performance; it has already decided and given to us. And it is impossible to change.  Therefore, we have no choice but to play the role we have given. However, same time he says we have freedom and choice of  how to play the role. We cannot change who we are, we must accept that. However, we have a choice to be exactly how we wish to be.


As I am thinking of quitting my job as a professional dancer by end of this season, his quote had a massive impact on my attitude as a dancer. After I have read his book I have decided that, I am going to explore the roles I have given as a dancer till maximum capacity. No fear, no worrying about standing out or braking the balance of performance, I just need to go for it to see new and different levels. This was hard as I needed my contract to be continued to bring in a steady income. But, now I think back, maybe my life as a dancer and an artist was gone  the moment when I started to afraid of being sucked and trying to be a good dancer. 

However, I have two more months till tour and the contract ends, I am going to fill up the roll I have been given to maximum potential. Explore!

Quote from Mr Y Kouno's book "Be Precarious, Be strong "

No comments:

Post a Comment