Tuesday 30 July 2013

what is your profession means to you? Part 1

What is my profession means to my self?

I guess not many people read my blog, however, if you are reading this page I really would like to know your answer is to this question; what is your profession or what ever you are trying to deepen your understand to you?

I have been thinking about this question for awhile. As I am professional dancer, I often ask my self; What is dance to me? Is it a way of living? Is it a hobby which paid to do? Is it my life it self?

I often see dancers get up by not getting the roles they wish, struggle to keep up with the company expectation or standard, struggle to keep the typical image of professional dancer, also dancers need to be healthy but also need to be slim,etc.

These questions has occurred during my second module as I was looking in to my company's ethic books.

Then, I came down to a conclusion by reading and listing other people's opinions, also by thinking and experience my day to day living.
Dance is a way to make my life richer to me, well, that is main answer and I again question to this answer in part 2. Trough dance, my life expands, through dance, I learn about my self, about other people, about life it self.
I started to think, professional dancers take their job too serious, therefore they put them selves in trouble, i.e. loosing too much weight, performers as a dancers life effect too much on their personal life; technical struggle in dance easily paranoid dancers personal life it self, worried about other dancers, that cause jealousy, and that create negative cycle in life.

However, we all need to physically, mentally understand the fact; other dancers should not effect truly who we are. Dancing next to the best dancer does not make you worse dancer, dancing next to untrained dancer does not make us a better dancer than who we are.
We never can be the best, also and worst. Because theses are just words, best and worst is we should decide in our own major. Therefore, if dancers do not have their own major or standard in them selves, life can be unnecessary stressful, as always feel pressure to satisfy other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment