Thursday 1 March 2012

The question

The question has appeared on the process of studying BAPP.

And, I got to the point which I actually find it hard to ignore, I have
discussed with my colleagues about it, however, in the end, discussions
I had with them did not take me anywhere.
So, I need to ask your opinion. I am aware that, no one can really give
me the answer I am looking for, as I do not even know what the answer
is. What I want to know is how other practitioners major other
practitioners opinions or knowledge.

We, practitioners learn new things every day, and these new experience
takes us to different place, not just different level, I think.
And, these experiences clearly change our opinions, point of view and
sometimes changes who we are as a practitioner. That is only natural
and that is the way should be, otherwise no point of learning and
experience new things, I think.

If I am right, more we learn about our profession, well, we learn about
life itself or Deeping the understanding of life through learning our
profession; through this process we see things from different
direction; we started to see the dimension which always  exist but
because of the lacking of knowledge or experience, we just could not
see them.
For example, first, we see things one dimensionally, but as we deepen
our knowledge, we see things two, three dimensionally. If,
practitioners carry on learning, possibly be able to see through even
what is going on in side of it!
I guess builders or doctors learning process is close to this, I
imagine.

The question is, as we are all practitioners, we are constantly
learning and that effect our opinions or the way we value things, which
we cannot avoid and should not avoid! Then, how can we surely teach or
criticise others?

For example, there are quite few painters or musicians, composers, who
no one really knew till years after they have died. However, time has
passed, people started value things differently, then, these artists
suddenly became famous! Especially, this happened when a lot of
communism countries have vanished.
My point is these artists have always existed, but people did not see
their value.
What does it tell us? Does it mean meaning and value changes with time
or as people deepen their knowledge? Can time or people`s knowledge
change even meaning and value of fact?.
If, we have decided someone`s opinion has no value. But few years
later, as we learn and experience more in life, then, we realised that,
the person`s opinion was meaningful and valuable. Do we have any
responsibility about the decision we made at the time?

I had so many embarrassing discussions based on faulty or uncertain
knowledge. Since I realised that, I am quite quiet and very careful
with what I say in discussion.

Also, since then, before I teach people, I try to explain everyone I am
teaching based on my current knowledge and experience, so my way of
teaching or
What I teach can be changed as I deepen my knowledge.
I wonder what students think of me as a teacher....



No comments:

Post a Comment