Thursday 1 March 2012

Surevey 2

I have been teaching at a local dance school for last few months.

And, I have discussed with the main teacher; the owner of the dance school to give them out a survey.

1, Because I thought it is a good opportunity to improve my quality as a teacher, and to know how much students understand what I am trying to tell them.

2, I usually teach dancers as an one off workshop, I usually do not have opportunities to teach dancers for more than a week. So, I will benefit as a teacher to know myself better and by answering the survey, students realise abut them self, also makes them think about aim and recall class to re learn and re understand things differently. The students will benefit from answering the survey.

3, My aim of this survey is to understand them better and understand myself more as a teacher through students point of view.

4, The age of students age are 15 years on wards, So it is appropriate to ask them these questions as they are old enough to understand the questions.
I also asked them lay thir to name to make sure protect their privacy.

This time, my survey contained simple Five questions as last time when I gave a survey, I have received answers which I was not looking for, because I did not specify the questions. So this time I tried to make it as simple and as clear as possible so people get the point.

QUESTIONS

1, Which part of the class did you enjoy the most today? And, why did you like it?




2,Would you tell me which part of the exercise you find hard, and how?




3, Do you understand what your teacher ( Daisuke ) says during class?




4,What did you learn today?




5,What is you aim for your next class?



Questions 1 and2, I have mainly focused on technical issue. By writing down, students realise what was happening in them in class.

Question 3 is to know how much students my English, as it`s my not my first language.

I wanted dancers to think back and realise what they have learned from the class. And, also to have an aim for next class. So we can start where we ended in previous time. That was the aim for Question 4and 5.

Feed Back.

Students seemed enjoyed the class.

Most of the students explained how difficult is to bring the leg back, as we can not see behind of us.

it seemed like students are understanding my English.

Questions 4 and 5`s answered were very individual! Some students were very specific about aim for next class, some of them wrote as they will try to remember where they need go.

My thought

Feed back was very positive.
However, I am not sure they were answering 100% honestly. I am not saying that, they are lying or deceiving the answers.
Because, I know my English is not wonderful. I try to use words and demonstrations both to cover that problem. However, some times even I do not understand what I am trying to explaining to the students, so I am not sure how they possibly understand me well:( Or maybe students are just being polite....hmmmmmmm......







No comments:

Post a Comment