Tuesday 28 February 2012

4b Award Title

I propose my award title as The award I seek as a result of doing
this programme is BA (Hons) Professional Practice in Performing Arts.



What do I gain from teaching others, as a professional dancer? 

How teaching effect me as a professional dancer?

What is the best ways to pass on tacit knowledge to the others in performing arts?

What can I give and share with the other which normal qualified teachers can not provide?

Based on my experience as a full time professional dancer, also as a part time dance teacher,
I would like to explore these questions by teaching , observing, communicating with third party by using inquiry tools; survey, observation, discussion.
Also, most importantly I am going to use my own body to experiment and check how and where these results; current answers will take me as a professional performer.

My aim for this award is to deepen my understanding of Learning Cycle in performing arts, also life in general.

WBL; Work Based Learning.
However, I see this course as LBL; Life Based Learning. 
I totally agree with what WBL suggests; to deepen our knowledge and improve as a partitioner, we MUST interact, discuss with the other to check where we stand and re think the way we are as a practitioner. And, try to find or realise the new side of what we already know; try and explore different approach to the questions.
When I am teaching others, some times it is hard to see what is going on, but if I keep a distance from them and see the whole picture, I often see the problem much clearer. Because of changed the point of view. 
I also often given great advice about my dancing by people who is not a dancer.
So, I understand the importance of it through my experience.
If we yruely open our eyes, we can learn from any thing. From the books, films, nature, cooking; we can relate everything to improve our profession.
I often explain ballet technique to students based on cooking theory.
Also, especially, children remind me so many things which I have forgot or lost by the process of growing up. Every time adults teach kids something, kids loose something to learn new things.
My point is we can learn from any thing! We can relate our profession to any thing! I always remember; The world is our oyster;D

1 comment:

  1. Hi Daisuke - you do pose some relevant questions in this blog. Now you can move your thinking on towards the topic of your inquiry and focus more on what that will be about and how you you will go about. Who, for instance might you ask questions of? What sort of questions will you ask? How will you ensure that you are ethical? Why will you go about the inquiry in the way you decide. This module is about giving you the space to think through on these issues and you should experiment with your SIG or with others in your professional network on various research tools. Eg, Survey, interviews, observations focus groups. You then should review these tools and your review of them for effectiveness should inform you of whether you you will actually use them in your inquiry (and why). Also, you will need to think about who you will involve in your inquiry? How will you get them on board? And why will these be the most appropriate persons to assist in your inquiry. Reading around your inquiry topic will also inform how the shape and angle your inquiry will take and give you a chance to assess what is already known about your topic. I hope this helps

    ReplyDelete