Wednesday 4 May 2011

What and How Web 2.0 changed

I have been working on my portfolio.
So, I have been going through things I have learned and realised from this module.
And, I am surprised about the fact; the end of this module; now, as close as I get to the deadline I started to understand more about this module. It is amazing! It all started to make sense to me; I can see things much clearer than before.

WHAT and HOW Web 2.0 changed and influenced us.
At the beginning I stared to think what and how things changed.
However, I stop thinking that way, and instead I started to think what has NOT changed since Web 2.0 appeared, what stayed the same?
We have gain the power to access to more information since Web2.0 has been released us. However, one thing we still have given, in exactly same amount since before the appearance of Web 2.0.
TIME, which is closest answer of WHAT Web2.0 changed the most.
Well, technically time runs still the same as before the appearance of Web 2.0, as I just mentioned that time is the only thing has not changed since.
So, what Web 2.0 changed really?
The answer is THE VALUE OF TIME.
It is a huge different to our world.
One minute is still sixty seconds after the appearance of Web2.0.
However, thank Web 2.0, we can access and discover much, much more information in sixty seconds compare to before.
Now, we can do things it uses to take a whole day in twenty minutes.
I personally think Web 2.0 is as valuable as the invention of car. Car can takes us which usually takes a whole day to walk by only ten minutes. Same as washing machines, these are technically TIME MACHINES.

Before Web 2.0, most important thing was HOW MUCH information we can collect.
However, after web 2.0 important key has changed into HOW MUCH we can digest the information into knowledge.

Before Web 2.0.
1, Find the right sources. (This process takes long time)
2, Collect information as much as possible. (This process takes long time too) The Key Process
3, Choose right, suitable information.
4, Digest the information to knowledge.
5, Value the information and knowledge.
6, Pass on the information and knowledge back to source. (Takes fairy long time)

After Web 2.0
1, Access to the internet; the source. (Very quick process)
2, Collect information. (Very quick process)
3, Choose right, suitable information.
4, Digest the information to knowledge. The Key Process
5, Value the information and knowledge.
6, Pass on the information and knowledge back to source. (Quick process)



No comments:

Post a Comment